The Austrian Youth Hostels
- promotes a tourism that emphasizes quality, social responsibility and environmental friendliness
- considers contact between people as the central point of its activities.
- implements the concept of partnership on all levels
- is a non-profit organization aiming at achieving appropriate economic results to ensure its further existence
- is one of the most important Austrian institutions in the field of youth and family tourism
The organization Österreichisches Jugendherbergswerk (ÖJHW) and its branch establishments in the Austrian provinces own 27 buildings in all 9 provinces and have concluded agreements with 12 additional facilities. On the whole, a network of 99 youth hostels is available in Austria.